Wednesday, July 29, 2009

middle maiden married

I changed my name. officially. I decided I could not let go of my maiden name so I added it to my middle name. Good idea? Not really sure. So I went to the DMV to get my license changed, and my maiden would not fit with my first middle names in the space on the license where it would go. The DMV lady wanted to hyphenate me, but I did not legally hyphenate, so I told her that would not work. Then she wanted to put my last name as Maiden Married. Again, I said, not legally what I did so that would not work. Finally we settled on First Middle Married. It feels weird.

I so have to get used to the idea. Especially when I was on my way home I realized that I signed my new license with my maiden name. oops.

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that I will constantly screw up and sign my maiden name once I get it changed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm keeping my name. BUT it's a long, complicated story involving two priests, two aboriginal names, one scottish name, and three french names.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails