Sunday, January 11, 2009

feeling crafty...the results

I found a photo album (8x8) at T.J. Maxx for $6.99. It is black and white with a damask cover. Too cute to pass up. I wondered if I could turn it into a usable book for our photo booth pictures at the reception. After a few alterations to the book, I adhered cardstock I had purchased at Hobby Lobby.

The inside of the book had plastic sleeves to hold 4x6 pictures and a little spot for notes about the picture. After I removed the plastic sleeves I needed to cover the holes. I also did not like the area to write in as it did not flow with a strip of pictures from a photo booth.


I cut paper to fit over both holes and the note spot. I used metallic photo corners for the larger section of paper on each page. I love how the black and white graphic border continues throughout the book for a unifying element.

Here is a shot of an inside page and a special guest appearance by Scout in the upper right corner! My idea is that guests will adhere their photo strip to the large color section of paper and write a message in the white section. Or they can attach pictures to the decorative paper and the white paper....after all a picture tells a thousand words! ha!

Another great thing about this book is that it had a cd envelope at the back so I can place the cd from the digital photo booth pics from the reception!

I later decided to add ribbon to the front and back cover to tie at the side to hold the album closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails