Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Officially 11 days and counting

Since it is just after midnight, we are officially 11 days to the big day. So I had a fitting Monday...everything was going perfectly and then I walk out and oh my, my dress is too short. Too short. Hmmm....I am 5'5ish and did not have the dress hemmed. So how can it be too short. AND since it is a ball gown, when it gets steamed and pressed, the skirting will actually get fuller and according to the seamstress...will actually get shorter!

I am so bummed. I love, love, love my shoes. I had them before I had my dress...so with 11 days to go I need to find a 2inch heel or less...yikes.

Boy do I love these shoes.
Lets hope I can get something that will work. in time. stressful? hmmm...not as stressful as the fact that my veil is still not in. that is another post.

3 comments:

  1. Aww! I'm sorry...that really sucks. I'm afraid of the same thing though. I found my super cute blue shoes but have no idea how they'll work out with my dress. I hope you find something else you can love that won't make your dress too short!! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that sucks about the shoes! I can imagine how you feel considering that they were your avatar on stlwed for the longest time! :( Maybe try the Nine West outlet in the mills, I lucked out on some cute shoes there.

    For sure, bring your fave shoes will you for some picture ops!!!

    In 2 weeks this will hopefully be something you can just laugh about :) Aaah yay I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you have them remove a layer or two of crinoline?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails