Wednesday, June 10, 2009

DIY dye job

{Touch Ups, Abby}
Finally, I have decided on a shoes. They are comfy...much lower heel than my previous beauties. BUT their color is a very icy white. I could not stand the thought of dying these shoes...I have heard how expensive that can be. So, google to the rescue. I decided to see if I could DIY my wedding shoes. AND yes it can be done. Armed with a sample of my dress fabric, I brewed some tea. I soaked a cloth in the tea, and very carefully rubbed it over the entire surface of the shoes. I re-dipped very often. After allowing the shoes to dry overnight, they are practically a perfect match to my dress!!! Woohoo! I added some bling courtesy of Absolutely Audrey and voila! new shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You're braver than I would be. How cool that they match your dress!! Congrats on finding your shoes...finally. =-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails