Thursday, December 18, 2008

what's in a name...

fiance....betrothed....intended? I prefer "soon-to-be". As we approach the anniversary of our engagement, I am thinking about the many different ways to refer to the "future husband".

"soon-to-be" has been by far my favorite. It just rolls off the tongue and sounds so natural. It still seems ackward to say fiance. It seems pretentious to me. I wonder why? Most of the time I revert to the comfortable "boyfriend" title. Is it equally difficult changing to "husband"? Hmmm...

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Fiance was always awkward, but now husband rolls off the tongue much better ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with calling him fiance too! I resort back to boyfriend often, but I think once he is my husband I will love calling him that. I want to do it already!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails