Saturday, September 5, 2009

long weekend

Thank goodness this is a long weekend. I have felt so uninspired as of late and rather "ho-hum" about the every day routine. I have written a few posts then deleted before publishing as a way to get it out without airing all my dirty laundry.

So this long weekend is going to be a turning point. Overwhelmed with the miles of tasks I need to complete, and the ones I simply want to complete piling up, the time has come to take some action. "Inches not miles" has become my mantra and a way to occupy sleepless nights {which is a whole other related/unrelated issue}.

Why is it so difficult to balance the "have to do's" and the "want to do's"?

What do you do when you have truly bitten off more than you can chew? The plate is too full?

I am not a list maker, I typically do not get excited about crossing off a task...usually I make a list and then am still working on it. yeah still working on that ole list...until I eventually throw it away and start another one.

So this weekend, I am making a list...I plan to throw it away on Monday evening and abandon what is left and not feel guilty...Happy holiday weekend to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails